Sunday 2 March 2014

Thief Launch Nail Art!

Thief: The City
It's been a while - had a busy week. I actually did this Monday night before Thief launched. I posted a couple pics to Tumblr and Instagram but here's what it looks like with the inspiration I uses. The game is sweeeet so far. I haven't had much time to play but I'm loving it so far.

More details on the nail art after the jump!



Materials
Polish: Essie - Blanc, Mint Candy Apple, Parka Perfect, Go Overboard, Mind Your Mittens, Licorice, piCture pOlish - Illusionist
Base/Top Coat: Essie - First Base, Good To Go
Other: Sponge, freezer bag, small nail art brush, flat clean up brush, acetone


For the holographic nails it was pretty straight forward - a coat of Licorice and then a coat of Illusionist. All the piCture pOlish LEs are freaking gorgeous. I have Solar Flare, Altered State and Illusionist, and I have Gravity ordered. SO SHINY. 

For the other nails I used a base of Parka Perfect. I sponged on a mix of Mind Mind Your Mittens, Go Overboard, Mint Candy Apple and Blanc for the sky and the watery look. For the building silhouettes I used Mind Your Mittens, Go Overboard and Licorice, with Blanc to accent for the lights in the windows and smoke. 

Pretty happy with this. :) I love the concept art for Thief, the game is awesome so far and everyone should give it a try. There has been a lot of, frankly weird criticism of the game. Complaints about the girl from the trailers coming out of nowhere and being an annoying female side-kick. So far she's only in the intro and then "dies" (I'm still not that far in but you play the game with Garrett and no one else so far). She's also likely meant to be the little girl who tries to pickpocket him from the end of the third game - thus he's more like a big brother/father figure than a romantic interest. The comparisons to Dishonored - Seriously no shit, stealth is pretty straight forward... And the complaints about the story focus and how Garrett only cares about stealing stuff, and I don't see how you can complain about that without playing it first. The first thing Garrett does when he finds out how he's still alive is go back to stealing. He's not on a mission to solve a mystery, he just wants to get back to his old life. Also regardless of what Garrett wants, in every other Thief game some over arching plot caught up to him eventually, whether he wanted to get involved or not. Soooooo, at the very least, if you like stealth games you should at least give it a shot. I personally find there aren't enough of them these days. If you like the nail art and the video game rant please consider checking out my other internet haunts on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter @LokdNLacquered

No comments:

Post a Comment