Wednesday 19 February 2014

Alice Nail Art: Queensland

Alice Madness Returns: Queensland
Did this one super late last night on a whim. Had a couple problems but I'm in love with the idea, and colour palette so I want to give it another try at some point. This one is inspired by Queensland - one of Wonderland's provinces in Alice Madness Returns.

Details after the jump.




Materials
Polish: Revlon Perfumerie - Fresh Linen, A England - Briarwood, Perceval, Essie - Licorice
Base/Top Coat: Essie - First Base, A England - The Shield
Other: Medium nail art brush, flat clean up brush, acetone


All my problems with this came with the base colour, but I'm at a loss for why. I've used First Base with Fresh Linen before and never had this problem (butt load of air bubbles). Could have been a lot of things - showered too soon before doing my nails, did something weird while I was buffing, I dunno - for now it will have to remain a mystery. -_-

Zero problems with the Briarwood - as has been my experience with all A Englands so that's nothing new. I also used Briarwood to paint the hearts and tentacles, then used Perceval and Licorice for accents.

I don't use The Shield often, but lately I've been getting random shrinkage with Essie's Good To Go (again I don't know why as I've had no such problems in the past) so I gave The Shield a go this time. No shrinkage but I'm not sure if it was a factor in the air bubbles... 

I'm super frustrated with this one because I like how it turned out so much aside from the air bubbles. I know they're not really visible to anyone but me, BUT I KNOW THEY'RE THERE and it's driving me nuts. But hey, no shrinkage I guess? -_- As always, please consider checking out my babblings on my Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter @LokdNLacquered, and if you've liked my stuff give me a like or follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment