Sunday 16 February 2014

Alice Nail Art: Steamdress

Alice Madness Returns: Steamdress
Next Alice look! The Steamdress! It's been a while since I did anything with striping tape so this was a nice change. It also happens to look really awesome with the holographic polish. :D:D:D

Details after the jump!



Materials
Polish: Essie - Armed & Ready, Licorice, Penny Talk, Master Plan, A England - Fated Prince, Excalibur, piCture pOlish - Malt Teaser
Base/Top Coat: Essie - First Base, Good To Go
Other: Striping tape, small nail art brush, flat clean up brush, medium dotter, acetone


I used Armed & Ready as a base on all nails to start. Then used the striping tape on my index, and pinky fingers - using Fated Prince on top. While that was drying I painted on the stripes for the belts with Malt Teaser on my thumb and ring finger, using Penny Talk and Master Plan for accents, and Excalibur for the buckles. Lastly I painted on a black stripe with Licorice on the firs three fingers then dotted on Excalibur for the "trim" on her dress.


As usual my free hand is still pretty hit and miss. I really should practice more but convenience is way too tempting. :P Still I think this one turned out pretty good. I especially like how the holo in Fated Prince works with the striping. This whole look does different things in different light which is both cool and weird, lol.

If you've happened upon this blog please consider following or checking out my other blog things - Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter @LokdNLacquered. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment