Monday 10 February 2014

Alice Madness Returns Nail Art

Alice Madness Returns Nail Art
Finally up to date on my nail art. I'm hoping to start a "series" of looks based on Alice Madness Returns. Mainly her dresses, and possibly a few other random looks based on the worlds or enemies. I'm waiting on a few tools that will make some of the nail art I'm planning possible. Hopefully they'll arrive soon!

Details on this look after the jump.



Alice Classic Dress: Medium Light
Materials
Polish: A England - Order of the Garter, Essie - Blanc, Rimmel London - Black Satin
Base/Top Coat: Essie - Good To Go, First Base
Other: Small nail art brush, tape, medium dotter, acetone, flat cleanup brush

Alice Classic Dress: High Light
This look was based of her Classic Dress - blue with the white apron and Eris and Jupiter symbols on the pockets. For my thumbs I started with a white base, for the rest of my fingers I only painted the tips, blocking them off with tape. I hand painted on the black stripes with Black Satin for her socks, then dotted on the ruffles of the skirt in Blanc. Once they were dry I blocked off the tips and painted in the blue for her dress with Order of the Garter. On my thumbs I outlined with the blue, leaving a white spot for the "apron pockets". Then lastly free-handed on the Eris and Jupiter symbols with more Black Satin.


My Hands still aren't super steady so the lines are a bit rough. Not sure how I fully feel about them, but like the rough hand-drawn look personally so overall I like them, myself. Still hoping for a bit cleaner look on the next one I try. If you like what I'm doing so far and you found this blog some how, considering liking/following me on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter @LockdNLacquered. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment