Thursday 13 February 2014

Alice Nail Art: Ruin

Alice Madness Returns: Ruin
Newest Alice nail art is inspired by the ruin enemies. I'm stupidly excited that I finally got to use Essie's Belugaria. After it got mixed to "meh" reviews I wasn't so sure about purchasing it. DO NOT REGRET IT NOW. Details after the jump.


Alice Ruin: High Light
Materials
Polish: Essie - Licorice, Belugaria
Base/Top Coat: First Base, Good To Go
Charms: She Sells Seashells - Steampunk Pieces
Other: Nail art tweezers, nail glue, acetone, flat clean up brush, tooth pick (for manipulating charms)

Alice Ruin: Low Light
I did a coat of Licorice on all fingers before using Belugaria since I read that the coverage was kind of hit an miss with it. This seemed to work out ok, there were no weird transparent parts, and I ended up with decent coverage with the textured bits. I stuck most of the charms right in the polish and only used glue for the trickier/weird shaped pieces, using an emery stick to push them into place. This is working out well so far!

Alice Ruin: Medium Light
And that's about it! I love how this turned out with the textured polish and I love anything steampunk in general. :D Only downside so far is some of the pieces are more 3D than others and are gonna run the risk of catching on stuff like my hair, and my clothes and my face... (there are thicker gears and some screws that appear to be the worst culprits). Other than that this is one of my favourite mani's out of all the ones I've done so far! Hit up my Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter @LokdNLacquered for other random updates from me (if that's something your interested in :O).

No comments:

Post a Comment