Saturday 23 November 2013

Happy Day of The Doctor

Heart of the TARDIS: High Light
Celebrating the Day of the Doctor with some TARDIS inspired nail art! 

Unfortunately though, I'm not super happy with this one. I was up late doing this one and it ended up a bit sloppy. :/

Anywho, more details after the jump.





Materials
Polish: Essie - Mezmerised, On A Silver Platter, Sally Hansen - White On
Base/Top Coats: Essie - First Base Coat, Good To Go
Other: Regular scotch tape, striping tape, flat clean up brush, acetone

TARDIS Window: Medium Light
This is where it got sloppy. :(

I did the striping tape last and it was getting late so they came out wobbly but the overall effect worked so I'm glad about that at least.

Heart of the TARDIS: Low Light

For the rest of my nails I wanted to try and emulate the "heart of the TARDIS" look with some swirly gold glitter. I used Essie's On a Silver Platter becaue of the blue hexes. The blue doesn't show much except in certain light but I like how the gold turned out - almost like gold leaf.

Heart of the TARDIS: Medium Light

Overall a little disappointed in myself, however Mezmerised is pretty much spot on for TARDIS blue so there's always that. I'll be posting this on my Tumblr as well. If you like any of what I'm doing so far (or trying to do -_-) like, follow, subscribe and all that jazz. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment