Sunday 17 November 2013

Tali'Zorah Inspired Nail Art

Tali'Zora Nails: Medium Light

I've recently started another playthrough of Mass Effect and my brain's been swimming with Mass Effect inspired nail art ideas for weeks. Here is the first! Details after the jump!



Materials:
Polish: A England - Ascalon, Lady of the Lake, Princes Sabra
Base/Top Coats: Essie - First Base Coat, Good To Go
Stamping Plate: Moyou London - Suki Plate Collection 05 (XL Images)
Other: Small striping brush, flat clean up brush, acetone, nail stamper, plate scraper

Tali'Zorah Nails + Ascalon by A England: Low Light
I cannot get enough of stamping plates, and cannot say enough about the quality of plates by Moyou London. When I'm not being sloppy (which usually only happens when I get impatient), they always come out crisp and clean. Its an easy way of getting pretty details on your nails, and don't really add that much work or time to the overall nail painting process. The pattern I used is from the Moyou London Suki Collection (plate 05).

All colours are by A England. To be honest, I was initially interested in this collection due to the naming conventions (they're all named after English literature, legends and classic stories), but the polish does not disappoint. I have yet to run into one that wasn't beautiful and resilient (no chips after about a week). I used Ascalon as the base coat for all but my ring finger with Lady of the Lake for the patterm. For my accent nail did the opposite for the patterning, and hand painted on Princess Sabra to mimic Tali's neck piece from her uniform in Mass Effect 2 and 3.


Tali'Zorah Nails: High Light
This design can also be found on my tumblr. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment