Thursday 28 November 2013

The Outsider Nail Art

The Outsider: Med Light
From one of my favorite games - This nail art is inspired by the enigmatic Outsider from Dishonored. 

Details after the jump.


Materials
Polish: Essie - Licorice, Sally Hansen - White On, Vigorous Violet, Grape Going
Base/Top Coat: Essie - First Base Coat, Good To Go
Other: acetone, flat nail art/clean up brush

The Outsider: Low Light
I started with 2 coats of White On and 1 coat of Good To Go (to prevent the acetone from bleeding through too much) for the base. Then I used the "watercolour" technique with Licorice, Vigorous Violet, and Grape Going, dabbing on acetone for the smoky/watery effect with a nail art brush, then another coat of Good To Go. Lastly I used a mostly dry brush to streak on a little more black, and one more coat of top coat.

The Outsider: High Light
Overall, I like the general look (smudgy-grunge?), but somewhere down the line I will probably take another stab an Outsider-inspired nailed art and try to go for a smokier effect. As always you can check out this look on my Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment