Sunday 12 January 2014

The Banner Saga - Banner Nails

The Banner Saga Nail Art
I'm am sooooo excited for Tuesday! The Banner Saga comes out and I'm kicking myself for not taking time off to play it. But that's life I guess.

This look is pretty much all free hand with either brushes or sponge. All the details after the jump!



The Banner Saga: Medium Light
Materials
Polish: Essie - Blanc, Go Overboard, Mind Your Mittens, Navigate Her, Mojito Madness, Lollipop, Zoya - Dove, Serum No. 5 - Friendly Tiffs, Revlon Parfumerie - Balsam Fir
Base/Top Coat: First Base, Good To Go
Other: Sponge, small striping brush, ziplock bag, flat clean up brush, acetone

Started with Blanc as the base colour and then sponged on more Blanc, Dove and Friendly Tiffs in a sort of mottled pattern. For the grass I sponged on Balsam Fir, Mojito Madness and Navigate Her from top to bottom just on the bottom edges of my nails. Lastly I sponged on some Go Overboard and some more Friendly Tiffs to add more depth in the background.
The Banner Saga: High Light
I covered this layer with top coat to avoid too much smudging. With the small striping brush I brushed on the trees with Mind Your Mittens.
The Banner Saga: Thumb
For the banner I painted on my index to pinky finger with Lollipop and had it fork at the end. I tried to mimic the banner from the concept art as best I could. I think my right hand actually has a nicer looking banner than my left.
The Banner Saga: Low Light
I'm still surprised when my nail art turns out good but I really like this one. I'm super happy with it and even more hyped to play the game on Tuesday! You can check out this look and more on the blog or on my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest or on Twitter @LokdNLacquered.
The Banner Saga: Materials

No comments:

Post a Comment