Thursday 23 January 2014

DMC Dante Watercolour Nail Art

Devil May Cry: Dante Nail Art
Second go with using the watercolour technique as part of a look and I managed pretty well this time! It went a lot more smoothly than with my Outsider nails in terms of the execution.

Further details after the jump!


Dante: Medium Light
Materials
Polish: Essie - A List, Rimmel London - Black Satin, Sally Hansen - White On
Base/Top Coat: Essie - First Base, Good To Go
Studs: Serum No. 5 - Red Splatter Studs
Other: Flat clean up brush, acetone, nail glue

Started with the base colours - Black Satin on my thumb and pinky, and White On for my index, middle and ring fingers. Then a top coat to make sure the acetone for the watercolouring doesn't bleed through the base too much.

Dante: Low Light
I did the red first, with about 3 to 4 dots per finger of it over the white then dabbed each dot with some acetone before dotting on about 3 dots of the black and dabbing on some more acetone to spread it out to look as much like smoke, or drops of blood in water as possible. Then another coat of top coat.

Lastly was the studs - I haven't used them before now and I was super excited and paranoid about using them, buuuuuuut I'm glad I did! :D They lined up great (even on my right hand) and I love the subtle 3D effect.

This was really fun and one of the easiest looks I've been able to execute in a while. As always, please check me out on my other sites and consider giving me a like or a follow or whatever if you've enjoyed my nail art efforts: Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter @LokdNLacquered, and now Facebook too!


No comments:

Post a Comment