Wednesday 8 January 2014

Fables Inspired Nail Art


Fables Vol. 2 Nail Art
Long time no blooooog. I was pretty worn out after the holiday which was both relaxing and draining at the same time. Relaxing in that I did nothing, draining in that I got sick... twice... -_-.

I'm still getting over a throat infection, but staying home from work means time for nail art! Here's the first one I've done in what feels like ages. Details after the jump!



Fables Vol. 2: Med Light
Materials
Polish: piCture pOlish - Beige, Watermelon, Essie - Go Overboard, Serum No. 5 - Friendly Tiffs
Base/Top Coat: Essie - First Base, Good To Go
Stamping Plates: Moyou London - Suki Plate 01, Kitty Plate 02
Other: Sponge, small ziplock bag, stamp and scraper, flat clean up brush, acetone

The colours and images were inspired by the cover for Fables volume 2. Fables is my favourite comic book series and James Jean is my favourite contemporary artist. This is one of the looks I've been wanting to do since I first got into nail art.
Fables Vol. 2: High Light
I used Beige for the base colour and sponged on Watermelon over that from the tips of my nails - then some top coat to avoid smudges or scratching during stamping. The tiger was stamped from the Suki 01 plate with Go Overboard. The flowers are all from the Kitty 02 plate and were stamped on with Go Overboard and Friendly Tiffs. All finished off with one more top coat.
Fables Vol. 2: Low Light
Really happy with how this turned out - both with the end result and how the painting and stamping went so smoothly. This year I'm going to try to get as involved with the nail art/nail polish community as possible. I'll be trying to pitch in on the Lacquer Legion being kickstarted by Chalkboard Nails, The Nailasaurus, Rebbecca Likes Nails, and Work / Play / Polish and whatever goings ons that entails as often as I can since it seems like fun and a good way to stay motivated.

If you've stumbled across this blog and read to the end I hope you enjoy what you see. You can see this look and more on my Tumblr and Pinterest, or follow me @LokdNLacquered on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment