Monday 9 December 2013

Labyrinth Nostalgia Nails

Labyrinth: Low Light
Was feeling nostalgic for Labyrinth, David Bowie and his insane hair and pants. I've always had a thing for masquerades (the gorgeous extravagant kind, not the cheap Halloweeny kind), and that is the scene this look was inspired by.

Details after the jump.


Labyrinth: High Light
Materials
Polish: Revlon - Fresh Linen, A England - Tristram, Order of the Garter, Princess Sabra
Base/Top Coat: Essie - First Base Coat, Good To Go
Stamping Plates: MoYou London - Suki Plate 01, Tourist Plate 07
Other: Sponge, plastic bag, flat clean up brush, acetone

Started with a base coat of Fresh Linen. This is actually from their scented Parfumerie line, but its also the only pearly white I have for the time being. For the gradient I used Tristram and Fresh Linen and then dabbed it on gently with the sponge. 

I used the peacock feathers from the Suki plate on my index fingers using Tristram, Order of the Garter and Princess Sabra. Then used the Tourist plate for my thumb, middle and ring fingers with just Tristram and Order of the Garter. 

Labyrinth: Med Light
This one was a bit trickier than I thought it should have been. I had a few issues with the Tourist plate transferring the image to the stamper but turned out quite nice. You can also find this look and more on my Tumblr, Twitter @LokdNLacquered and Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment